Climate Change education programme in secondary schools across Trinidad and Tobago continued during the period April - June, 2015. The aim of these sessions is to raise awareness on issues related to climate change and on current initiatives being undertaken by the Government of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago through the Environmental Policy and Planning Division (EPPD) of the Ministry of the Environment and Water Resources.
Thus far, presentations have been conducted to groups comprised of geography and/or environmental science students generally between Forms 1 - Lower 6 at the following schools:
- Shiva Boys Hindu College (May 2nd)
- Parvati Girls’ Hindu College (May 5th)
- Barrackpore East Secondary (May 8th)
- San Fernando Central Secondary School (June 16th)
- Naparima College (June 24th)
- ASJA Boys’ College (June 29th)
Sessions were facilitated by EPPD members: Ms. Krysten Harris (Associate Professional), Ms. Aditi Thanoo (Associate Professional) and Mr. Javed Lakhan. (Environmental Policy Analyst).
Mr. Lakhan presenting to students of Naparima College, June 24th, 2015